Mark Epstein is a registered landscape architect with over 20 years of professional experience in the Pacific Northwest. Trained in natural resource restoration, architecture, and planning as well as landscape architecture, he is an accomplished project manager skilled in producing site feasibility studies, master plans, detailed site design and construction documents, cost estimates, and project schedules.
A recognized expert in healthcare and therapeutic site design, Mark has presented nationally and written extensively on the topic. He has had leadership roles on regional parks and trails, transit facilities, institutional and campus plans, commercial development, and private residences. An experienced team leader, Mark has set up programs and expanded site design departments for two civil engineering firms and an environmental science firm in the Seattle area.
* Healing Gardens & Therapeutic Gardens
* Natural Resource Restoration
* Transportation/Infrastructure Design
* Parks, Trails and Recreation
* Pedestrian/ Bicycle Facility Planning
* Visual Quality Analysis
* Site Planning/Development Feasibility Analysis
* Community Outreach and Involvement
- University of Washington, MLA Landscape Architecture
- Pio Prize Scholar, UW Architecture Department
- University of Michigan, BSNR Environmental Design
- American Society of Landscape Architects, Healthcare Garden Design Professional Practice Network, Co-Chair
- Chicago Botanic Garden, Healthcare Garden Design Certificate Program, Instructor and Advisory Board Member
- University of Washington, Therapeutic Garden Design Certificate Program, Instructor
- Bainbridge Island Design Review Board, Member
- Bainbridge Island Non-motorized Transportation Advisory Committee, Chair
- Bainbridge Island FC, Soccer Coach (ages 5-13)
- Bainbridge Island Little League, Baseball Coach (ages 8-11)
Mojo has a high-powered engine in a petite chassis. He can outrun almost any living thing in pursuit of a tennis ball, and loves nothing more than play, and food. Not a huge fan of rain.